Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Story Behind my Photography 2005 & Beyond

2005 and beyond-
The very same Karl Zeiss Sony Cybershot 5.1 MP returned to the Philippines with my name on the box. I had my first digital camera. Although second hand, a hand-me-down, it was a camera nevertheless. A digital camera. It had great features and even as I couldn't adjust the settings as a DSLR - I couldn't complain. I finally could waste the memory card on inanimate objects. I took on my first trip to Wao, Lanao del Norte and took pictures of the road, the hills, people, and everything that I could frame in. So it began.


Eventually as the needs went further to editing, my handy dandy DSC and I were constant companions alongside a USB wire or card reader as I learned Picasa - my thanks to Charissa Akut, a great emotional photographer herself, then Photoscape, GIMP - and finally Photoshop.

My best attempts were with family members; my twin nieces Farhannah and Farhannie, my sister, until I ventured in a 2010 Calendar of Birth Flowers with my make up artistry, styling, and photography skills with a non-SLR camera.

I would say I am not a photographer by profession but by passion, I am. And that I don't need an expensive Nikon D90 - well, soon but not now - (or mind someone giving me that, so says my witty conscience aka sister) to exhibit, to show off, to emphasize this very love of this aspect in Art. This Photography. I think it merely takes the patience, the practice and for the lack of anymore p-starting words - PASSION.

No comments:

Post a Comment